Monday 24 December 2012

Homemade Chocolate Liqueur

Merry Christmas!  I'm raising a virtual toast to everyone with this recipe for homemade chocolate liqueur.  Let me tell you, it's divine.  I based my version off of a recipe found here and made a few slight variations of my own.  So here it is!

Chocolate Liqueur 

2 1/2 cups Half and Half
2 cups of Whiskey (I used Jack Daniels, but use whichever brand you fancy)
3 300ml cans of Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 tsp Vanilla
2 tsp Instant Espresso Powder
1/8 cup of good quality melted chocolate (I used Bernard Callebaut)
2 Tbsp shaved chocolate

Combine all of the above in a large bowl and mix using an immersion blender or a hand mixer on the lowest speed.  Note: It will not fit in a blender unless you have a gargantuan one, and it will also not fit in a 12 cup food processor.  Store in airtight glass jars and consume within 1 week.  Makes 2 wine bottles full and a a few extra glasses so you can taste test.  :)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment